Sunday, September 30, 2012

More Halloween ideas for baby

I think my first set of Halloween ideas is still the best, but I've had a few more ideas for a baby's first Halloween.  Some are more practical than others.  Our son's hair hasn't grown in yet, and this Halloween I want to capitalize on his lack of hair by doing a bald costume.  I've been saying that he could be Pinhead:
Pinhead
But it turns out it's easier to do this with a bald wig, not a bald person.  And I don't know anything about leather-working, so the rest of the costume would be difficult.  They do make it in adult and children's sizes at Spirit Halloween, Halloween Hellraiser Pinhead Adult Costume (Google Affiliate Ad).  They sell a Halloween Lifesize Hellraiser Pinhead Animatronic (Google Affiliate Ad) and a Halloween Pinhead Hellraiser Mask (Google Affiliate Ad) also.  It would be cute for our baby in a psychotic kind of way.

Dr. Evil would make a good costume, with Mini Me:

Replica of Dr. Evil's pinky ring

Dr. Evil and Mini Me

You will need Dr. Evil's pinky ring, and another for your Mini Me.  They sell a Dr. Evil accessory kit with a bald cap and ring that goes for around $20 most places.  I wouldn't give one to my child because of the choke hazard.  I would draw it on baby's finger somehow, that would be safer.


Pennywise the clown from Stephen King's IT would be scary, another inappropriate bald costume for a child:

Pennywise the Clown
I think everyone was scared of this evil magic psychotic clown.  Stephen King is a genius, and I wish I could say I've read more of his books.

How about Uncle Fester?  He's creepy and kooky but not that scary:

Christopher Lloyd as Uncle Fester


Jackie Coogan from the original TV show
Curly from the Three Stooges would be fun:

Curly
The Three Stooges would be a good group costume theme, and either siblings or adults could play Larry and Moe.  If it's just the baby dressed as Curly people might not recognize the costume, so I wouldn't do this unless we had a group.  It would also be hard for our baby to do Curly's facial expressions, which are fundamental to playing the character.  They sell Moe and Larry masks, but they're a little scary:





There were some other ideas I found like Voldemort or freakout Britney Spears, but Voldemort's nose is far too difficult and there really is no reason to do a bald freakout Britney Spears.





Bald freakout Britney Spears


No nose






















I'm sticking with Captain Picard as his costume.  It's a simple, recognizable costume that would allow me to dress as Commander Riker.  It's going to require some sewing, because they don't make baby sized Starfleet uniforms, but I'm going to give it a shot.

Make it so
There's an audio clip from some radio show where the hosts ask Sir Patrick Stewart what he would say to a sewing machine repair person if he had a broken sewing machine, but it's not very satisfying.  I recently discovered that there is a Sesame Street starring Patrick Stewart.  This video is funny if not predictable, but I wonder how many children watching Sesame Street are as well versed in Star Trek as I:


I can't resist one more, Patrick Stewart doing "Soliloquy on B":


No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts