Monday, April 15, 2013

Reflections on Baby's first year

Our son had his first birthday almost a month ago, but I thought it might be nice to reflect on what I've learned and what I should try to do better on next time.  It's amazing how the time has gone both quickly and slowly; one year is such a short amount of time but the growth and change we've seen have been astounding.

One of the most valuable things we've done since the beginning is keep a daily journal of his activities and achievements.  How that he's one, as I write each day's entry I look back and see what we were doing one year ago today.  At the beginning I missed a few days, but now I'm in a pretty good rhythm. The trick is to never go more than two days without writing in it.  And not to get upset when your spouse stops making entries and the entire thing falls to you.

He's had the flu twice.  At least one ear infection.  The stomach flu.  He went to the ER four times (if you include our return to the NICU when he was 4 days old).  I couldn't guess how many times we took him to the doctor.

It's all worth it, what a great first year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts