Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Checking pupils at midnight

So last night our son woke up three times, once before we went to bed, once at around 2:00 am, and once around 5:00 am.  Lately he's only been getting up twice in the night, and before we took him traveling he was only getting up once.  Straying from the norm the night after falling on his head made me worry for a moment, but only for a moment.  Waking up one more time in the night wasn't listed as one of the indicators of a serious head injury.  I checked his pupils before he went to bed, in the feeding before we went to bed, and again at the 5am feeding and they were equal each time.  Comparing a baby's pupils in the middle of the night isn't an exact science, but I held him with the brighter of his two nightlights between us and looked from one to the other as quickly as I could.  He squinted for a bit and as soon as I could get a good look I turned it off.  During the day he was his usual self, so I think we're in the clear.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts