Monday, August 20, 2012

Looking ahead to Halloween

Halloween is one of my favorite holidays, and I have no shortage of stories from Halloweens gone by.  It's never too early to begin planning a costume, especially now that we have a child!  He'll be 7 months old in October, and my wife and I are starting to look for ideas.  Originally she was looking at costumes available for purchase on zulily.com, which is a website that buys items in bulk at a low price once enough people place orders with them.  So you might order something today and not get it for a month because zulily waits until they can get the bulk rate that makes it worthwhile.

I don't want to use a store bought costume, but then it occurred to me.  I like to have two costumes for myself each Halloween - one for work and one for parties - so why not have two costumes for our baby?  That way I can come up with whatever crazy costume I want to and not ruin the holiday for everyone because we'll have a backup!

So I think we should make use of baby's baldness, since it may be a long time before he can pull it off without shaving his head or wearing a bald cap.  Here are some of my ideas:

Captain Picard (I would be Commander Riker)
Lex Luthor
Telly Savalas (I had to tell my wife who he was)
Colonel Klink (We'll need a monocle)
We'll see what I can come up with.  I'll probably have to make his costume myself; we don't know what size he'll be in two months and I don't know if they sell Luftwaffe uniforms in baby sizes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts